Sunday, August 3, 2008

The Music

Pulse through my toes reaching the back of my spine
pumping the beat through my heart like a drum
a signal from uncontrolled insides of my watery eyes
sweat from the heat all around is dripping down
my hair, my temples and the back of my naked neck

Words and thoughts so beautiful and new to us
yet there from the start like we knew they would be
before they were written they spoke silently to me
and sharing our blood from different veins and skin
do not know how you control the living life of mine

I cannot think of anything more beautiful this night
I cannot think of anything leaving me more content
for the soul and the voice of yours is mine
which you cannot ever take away from me or us
even if you could not find a reason to stay forever

I am hugging my arms and I am feeling the beat
along with the leaves you put tightly on the trees
and I sway like the rest of them feeling true and safe
where nothing matters and I feel free closed in
knowing people like me will quietly understand

the Pulse
the Sweat
the Words
to Sway
With
me

1 comment:

Stali's Reflections said...

Nice way to describe that night. So much fun except the heat but I guess it added to the intensity. Thanks for asking me to go.