Sunday, February 24, 2008

Angel



I had such a wonderful relaxing day today. Most of the time the weekends are packed with activities and we don't have time to just be. It is so important for our souls to just BE. Today I feel relaxed, satisfied and free. I had my best friend's eight year old boy over for a class in painting. Not that I am the best teacher, but because I know that he will be the most amazing artist one day and this is a time when he really needs to get an outlet for his emotions. All he needs is a little push and some experience with paint. This boy lost his sister awhile ago and we believe he has kept most of his sadness inside. He is a thinker and needs to let out his pain. Painting is one of the most powerful soul cleansers, and since he is an artist, the best way for him is probably through this expression. It was obvious that he could translate images from imagination very well at a very early age. He has a beautiful mind, soul and heart and it spills into whatever he does. I have known him since he was born and I feel that we have a special bond. We are two artistic minds that think alike. If he will let me, I will post his painting once it is done. So anyway, me and this young boy sat and painted together for hours. He loved it. I loved it. I normally don't paint what came out today, I just let the brush make what it wanted to. I had no plans for what was going to come out of it. I think an angel appeared because this boy's baby sister was taken away and my mind was finally ready to express it. I loved his sister since the second I saw her. She had a strong powerful magnetism that will live with us as long as we live. Rest in Heavenly Peace baby sister. Be strong and help your brother feel free from pain. You helped me today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Att så fint kunna utrycka sig i både ord och bild måste ju vara den största gåvan...
Underbart!!! Ni, Du och Coy hjälpte verkligen varandra..åldern spelar ingen roll..
när hjärtat är med eller hur??
mamma

Unknown said...

I think you'll have to have a solo exhibition... You truly are brilliant.
Josie