Friday, January 18, 2008

Junkyard failure


It snowed yesterday and it was so beautiful. I really missed snow this season. We haven't had much of it and it didn't even snow when I was home in Sweden. I know a lot of people think of it as a pain when it happens, but I just love snow. Huge snowflakes that slowly fall from a stone gray sky are one of the most amazing things this world has to offer. I was hoping the snow would have continued. I was imagining staying home "sick" and going for a photo shoot. But no luck. The rain washed the snow away and I didn't stay home from work.  Needless to say, I wasn't thrilled to be at work today. I figured I'd go to shoot some pictures after work to cheer myself up at a nearby junkyard. One thing I truly love, almost more than snow, is junk! Rust, old things, trash and awful stuff makes me super excited. Well, it didn't really work out like I had planned this afternoon. I went into the junkyard area and saw a lot of opportunity for cool pictures. I didn't get very far and before I even got to take one picture I got kicked out by these mean junkyard dudes that clearly had no appreciation for art. So while these dudes where laughing at me I took my car and went behind the junkyard into a parking lot where they had dumped a bunch of hubcaps. I shot some pictures real quick before anyone saw me. It felt good to at least come home with something. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

cool..s that fire in the background....very cool!