Friday, July 11, 2008

Painting for my brother


I don't know if I ever talked about my brothers? I have two brothers and they are both amazing. They are so different from one another yet so much the same. I think I'm one of the luckiest sisters in this universe. I have their support in everything I do and they admire me as much as I admire them. I have to give thanks to my wonderful parents for raising us to understand that blood is thicker than water and no matter what happens we will support each other. This blog is to them. The once who made me who I am today... a tomboy with no shame! :-)
I have been working on a painting for my older brother and I am not sure I like it at all. Most of my paintings appear in a couple of hours, but since he has asked for this one it is not coming to me. I don't want to give him a weird painting, so I tried to be more unemotional. I am not sure it is working at all. This is the painting in progress. I had to stop and throw in a painting in between that took my thoughts away from this one. Anyway, this is why I call this blog a blah blah...because I could go on and on...this painting is going to be for Andy and his beautiful wife!

4 comments:

Stali's Reflections said...

This turned out good. I love it! Hopefully your brother does to. Remember when painting for someone else you can't think that it is for someone. For some reason it never works. I think it is the stress of wondering what the want or if they will like it. Just go with your strong feelings that you have.
You should paint something about what you just explained here in your blog. I know you create something beautiful out of that. Anyway now I am Blah blah on your blog LOL.
Well hopefully I will get to meet your bothers someday!
Love Ya!

Anonymous said...

Hej gumman!! vi älskar tavlan både jag och min fru. Du är outstanding!!! Love u, see u in october?! Puss

Jen said...

you are very lucky to have a family like that..

Anonymous said...

love what you do... I'm sure your brother will cherish the time spent on this special project just for him. Don't ever stop painting...